Which is better, beef or buffalo meat? The answer is buffalo meat and for good reason. Across all cuts, buffalo meat is lower in calories and fat compared to its cousin. It’s also higher in protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and omega-6.
The benefits of buffalo compared to beef don’t stop there. Buffalo is higher in iron levels than beef. There is 50% less cholesterol in buffalo than beef or pork and lower sodium levels.
Buffalo isn’t just good for the body but for the planet as well. Cows are the number one polluter of methane gas in the world. Luckily, buffalo grow twice as fast as cows and emit less methane. That means their ecological footprint is smaller unlike cows and pigs.
Now that we’ve talked about the difference between buffalo and bison and how buffalo is better than beef, it’s time to ask what are the benefits of buffalo meat for our dogs? Here are some of the benefits of buffalo meat.
- Buffalo is a low allergen meat source perfect for dogs with allergies
- Highly digestible for good nutrient absorption and smaller eliminations
- Rich in vitamins B6, B12, and vitamin D
- A good source of calcium, potassium, CoQ10 enzymes, and long-chain omega-3 fatty acids
- 70-90% less fat as compared to beef and pork
- Beneficial to heart health
- High protein meat source
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This product is so tender and fat free I would eat it my self. Absolute best quality and price